Specialized Classrooms and Simulators Design-Build of Passive Surveillance Training Facility, Vandenberg AFB, California
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
§ Construction Management
- Project Management
- Architectural Design
- Value Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
As prime consultant, D R Consultants staff was responsible for the design/build and complete renovation of 6,000-sf into a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) space requirements to meet all code construction requirements as defined in DCID 1/21 and Red/Black Installation Guidance. Design and construction included the installation of all Passive Classroom Equipment.
A SCIF provides formal access controls, approved by the Director of Central Intelligence, and is used to hold information.
The facility contained:
- Five classrooms: four with six students and one with 12 students;
- Four simulators, mini UPS, and air conditioning;
- Secured screening entry area;
- Office space, four personnel, including storage/safe area;
- Break room;
- HVAC/Elect upgrade to support additional loads;
- Interior renovation: carpet, walls, ceiling, windows & doors (45 STC rated);
- Security/alarms as required to meet DCID 1/21 and Red/Black Installation Guidance;
- Phones: one/classroom, two/entrance, two/break room, four/office;
- LAN interconnectivity stub outs;
- Additional restroom break room, classroom facility for west end of building; and
- New exterior entrance and walkways.