Wastewater Program Operational And Maintenance Support During Control Systems Start-Up And Commissioning
CITY OF LOS ANGELES, BUREAU OF SANITATION
- Project Management
- Plant O & M
- Inspection and Testing
- Start-up and Commissioning
In June, 2018, DRC was awarded Task Order SN-90 to provide expert level start up and commissioning support for the City of Los Angeles, Bureau of Engineering LAWINS Distributed Control Systems (DCS). Work includes providing highly qualified wastewater treatment plant operators, electricians and instrument technicians who will support LASAN and its designated Project Management Team (PMT) who have oversight of the LAWINS contract. The DRC team will work at all five segments of LAWINS: HWRP, TIWRP, DCTWRP, LAGWRP and Collection System (CS). Services include but are not limited to:
- Provide support in commissioning and delivering the Distributed Control System (DCS) system; Support control systems commissioning group of LAWINS, who are working closely with the City’s Operation and Maintenance groups at four water reclamation plants and collection system as mentioned above.
- Support City forces in the field and assist in delivering a large scale DCS and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCDA).
- Assist plants’ operation & maintenance in preparation of the system cutover for the upgrade by verifying input/output signals and equipment performances.
- Provide support to the City’s Program Management team in preparation of system cutovers and start-up.
- Provide wastewater treatment operational support in operating wastewater processes during the cutovers when systems are operated manually.
- At the discretion of the LASAN Project Manager, DRC staff provides the specific knowledge of BOS/EED wastewater treatment and wastewater operator Grade-5 license.
- Provides specialized plant operators, electricians and instrument technicians to support the hike in demand for those disciplines during the LAWINS’s cutover activities. Provide as-needed services at the sole discretion of the LASAN Project Manager.