Capital Improvement Program Support Services, Port of Los Angeles
Port of Los Angeles
Administrative Support, Documentation, Program coordination and administration, CIP project status reports
The Port of Los Angeles (POLA) is the number one port in the United States by container volume and cargo value. The Port prides itself on its state-of-the-art terminal efficiency, robust intermodal assets, and world-class security operations that include Homeland Security operations and the nation's largest dedicated port police force. The Port also is an industry environmental leader. Since 2006, the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach have functioned under the San Pedro Bay Ports Clean Air Action Plan. This plan has reduced emissions from port-related operations by nearly 50 percent. A proprietary department of the City of Los Angeles, the Port is self-supporting and does not receive taxpayer dollars. To facilitate these achievements, DRC supported POLA's Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Our work included administrative support to the Engineering Division:
- Documenting existing computer applications, data management, and distribution;
- Coordinating and administering the program/project task list;
- Coordinating and administering document and multimedia development;
- Assisting with daily administrative functions that support the Port’s CIP;
- Assisting with preparing monthly CIP project status reports;
- Assisting with maintaining CIP project/program files and documentation; and
- Assisting with preparing the Engineering Division’s Policy and Procedures and Project Delivery Manuals.
Deliverables included reports, graphs, spreadsheets, manuals, documents, schedules, estimates, and other necessary documents to support the CIP as determined.