Mechanical Engineer, PE.
Mechanical Engineer, PE.
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC), a transportation engineering firm is seeking a Licensed Mechanical Engineer to support our Design Engineering group in our downtown Los Angeles office. Successful candidate should have 3-7 years of experience and proficient with Revit. DRC is a highly regarded civil engineering firm specializing in transportation and water/wastewater engineering. We have been in business for 34 years and have outstanding benefits with no waiting period including a 401K 5% match, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 3 weeks paid time off first year, as accrued from your first day of employment. DRC is paying top dollar for excellent people, we promote from within and may offer significant growth opportunities to Project Engineer within the first year of employment
The incumbent will perform complex design and research tasks for wastewater reclamation plant mechanical systems with specialization in process piping, pumping systems, process blowers and compressors equipment, odor control and chemical feed systems, detailed mechanical design including hydraulic drop calculations, thermal expansion, stress calculations and support types. Also, the incumbent will develop construction specifications and prepares standards for process piping and mechanical equipment. The position also requires conducting training for other employees and may interface with other City agencies and regulatory agencies.
· 5+ years experience in Mechanical design at a process facility
· Licensed Mechanical Engineer in the State of California
· Familiar with Autodesk REVIT
· Able to produce engineering sketches and calculations with min supervision
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Good skills in optimizing systems and procedures.
· Excellent knowledge in fluid dynamics and stress analysis.
· Good working knowledge of mechanical engineering software.
· Good knowledge of construction management.
· Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with other offices, departments, agencies and the public.
· Ability to analyze complex problems, identify relevant issues, and formulate reasonable, effective solutions.
· Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive technical reports, charts, and graphs.
· Experienced using Microsoft Office products
Send resume to: email@example.com. No recruiter please.