Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC), a transportation engineering firm is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to support our Design Engineering group in our Downtown Los Angeles office. Successful candidate should have 10 - 15 years of experience in Civil Design/Modeling and proficient with Civil 3D. California P.E. or E.I.T a plus. DRC is a highly regarded civil engineering firm specializing in transportation and water/wastewater engineering. We have been in business for 34 years and have outstanding benefits with no waiting period including a 401K 5% match, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 3 weeks paid time off first year, as accrued from your first day of employment. DRC is paying top dollar for excellent people, we promote from within and may offer significant growth opportunities to Project Engineer within the first year of employment.
• Minimum 3 years in Civil 3D/CAD Utilities Modeling.
• Knowledgeable in latest Civil 3D program.
• Able to follow engineering sketches to produce Roadway/Street demolition plans, and grading plan/profiles; along with Utility (sewer and storm drain plan/profiles and pipe network models with supervision.
• Familiar with Civil 3D setup (i.e., surfaces, alignments, profiles, templates, pipe network and styles associated with each).
• Familiar with most drawing aids and techniques (i.e., modeling, editing, and annotation).
• Efficiently able to manage multiple assignments to meet project deadlines.
• Experience with civil (roadway, grading, demolition); and utility design for Public Works (METRO, City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering and Caltrans) applications.
• Able to read moderately complex Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Civil drawings.
• LA METRO design experience a plus, transportation, roadway and street improvements required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work cohesively with other design staff.
• Understand civil and utility vocabulary and terminology.
• MicroStation capability is a plus.
• Experienced using Microsoft Office products
• Develop detailed design drawings using Civil 3D and AutoCAD software.
• Create 3D sewer and structural designs consistent with Metro standards.
• Conduct clash detections with other disciplines and resolve conflicts.
• Update models to reflect as-built conditions.
Send resume to: email@example.com. No recruiter please.