BIM / Revit / Digital Design Specialist
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC) a multi-disciplined engineering firm based in Los Angeles, an EEO employer, is seeking a BIM / Revit / Digital Design Specialist with minimum 5 years of experience with BIM, CAD and Revit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The BIM/Revit Digital Design Specialist is a multifaceted position that focuses on the areas of Digital Design technical support, with a primary focus on BIM strategy and program development from pre-design, through every subsequent phase including construction through closeout and Operations and Maintenance including Revit specialist, specifically in the areas of training, 2D and 3D family creation, Revit implementation, strategizing and integrating with project teams, and research and development. The Digital Design Specialist maintains the lines of communication with the Regional Digital Design Leader and the Studio Digital Design Leaders. He or she will establish goals and project plans in support of Firmwide, and office objectives, monitor and report on progress in completing projects and accomplishing goals, establish, communicate, and interpret changes in guidelines, policies, procedures and other related matters. He or she will act as a mentor to project teams on the best practices of moving through the lifecycle of a project. He or she advises Project Architects and Project Managers and works with as well as manages expectations on multiple teams.
- Integrate Digital Design workflows and processes with teams
- Assess new project Digital Design and technological considerations, and current project needs and issues
- Model Management
- Coaching, Teaching, and Support
- Research and Development
- Develop Marketing Digital Design Material
- BIM Content Management, Creation, Approval and Procedures
- Establish documented processes, procedures and workflows
- Interoperability Management of BIM and other Digital Design Tools
- Proactive approach and learning of new Digital Design Tools
Essential skills and proficiency in CAD, Revit and BIM are required.
- Expert knowledge of, and proven practical background in, Autodesk Revit Architecture and related BIM software. Knowledge of Dynamo a plus.
- Solid understanding of Navisworks and CAD applications and best practices
- Familiarity with design applications such as Rhino, Grasshopper, VRay, 3D Studio Max, Sketch up,
- Adobe Creative Suite, etc. are a plus.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design, 5+ years of experience in design and/or construction practice required.
- 5+ years of experience in the project-specific, BIM workflow in all phases.
- Articulate communicator, able to convey BIM concepts to all levels of design and delivery leadership.
- Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org No recruiter please.