Structural CAD / Revit Designer Job Opening
Structural CAD / Revit Designer
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
$85,000 - $100,000 a year
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC), a multi-disciplined engineering firm based in Los Angeles, an EEO employer, is seeking a Structural Revit Designer with minimum 3 years of experience as a Structural Revit Designer and 5 years of experience in Structural CAD/Revit design/structural CAD support.
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC) a multi-disciplined engineering firm based in Los Angeles, an EEO employer, is seeking a Structural Revit Designer with minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a Structural Revit Designer and 3 to 5 years of experience in Structural AutoCAD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Structural Revit Designer develops and coordinates electronic documents for the structural discipline, complying with the level of quality required and conforming to the agreed upon schedule and budget. This individual will develop Structural 3D drawings and details, assist with designing water and wastewater treatment plants and collection systems, coordinate with the Project Manager and Structural Engineers, and layout and perform design / drafting of engineering drawings from verbal direction, rough sketches or scanned backgrounds. The Structural Revit Designer reports directly to the Discipline Director of Structural Engineering.
- Produces high quality structural models and drawings primarily within the water / wastewater industry or industrial environment
- Knowledgeable of 2017 Revit program
- Experience with structural steel, concrete, and wood for industrial, water and wastewater applications
- Works with the structural project discipline lead to understand the scope of work, schedule, budget, project instructions and responsibilities, including determining intent and content of each structural model or drawing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must collaborate with others and comply with instructions
- Coordinates structural models and drawings with the other design disciplines
- Must be able to consider various design alternatives and provide design recommendations
- Completes drawing responsibility tasks within scope, budget, and schedule
- Executes discipline procedures as determined by the Discipline Director
- Reviews structural drawings for completeness, constructability, and coordination
- Starts and maintains a discipline file of working drawings for the project
- Performs other duties of AutoCAD and Revit operator as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the structural project discipline lead, the structural platform lead, or the Discipline Director
- Knowledge of City of Los Angeles CAD Standards and Procedures a plus
- Experience preparing wastewater treatment and pumping plant engineering drawings a plus
- Knowledge and applications of industry code and standards like APWA, ANSI, UBC, etc.
- Navisworks capability a plus.
Essential skills and proficiency in AutoCAD and in Revit Structure are required.
- Associate Degree in Computer Technology; specialized training in CAD operation or some combination of training/education and experience in the field; training experience a plus
- Experience in water or wastewater industry is a plus
- Experience using CAD in similar position; thorough knowledge and understanding of the departmental work, equipment and quality standards
DRC offers attractive salaries, a supportive environment, excellent benefits, and professional growth and career development within the company. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees and promotes from within, please forward your résumé for consideration.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiter please.