Structural Revit Designer
Structural CAD / Revit Designer
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC) a multi-disciplined engineering firm based in Los Angeles, an EEO employer, is seeking a Structural Revit Designer with minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a Structural Revit Designer and 3 to 5 years of experience in Structural AutoCAD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Structural Revit Designer develops and coordinates electronic documents for the structural discipline, complying with the level of quality required and conforming to the agreed upon schedule and budget. This individual will develop Structural 3D drawings and details, assist with designing water and wastewater treatment plants and collection systems, coordinate with the Project Manager and Structural Engineers, and layout and perform design / drafting of engineering drawings from verbal direction, rough sketches or scanned backgrounds. The Structural Revit Designer reports directly to the Discipline Director of Structural Engineering.
- Develop detailed design drawings and backgrounds using REVIT and AutoCAD software
- Create 3D structural designs consistent with BIM standards
- Conduct clash detections with other disciplines and resolve conflicts
- Update models to reflect as-built conditions
Essential skills and proficiency in AutoCAD and in Revit Structure are required.
- 3 to 5 years experience in Structural Design/Modeling
- Minimum 3 years in Revit Structural Modeling
- Knowledgeable in latest Revit program release including 2018
- Able to follow engineering sketches to produce structural Revit models with min supervision
- Familiar with Revit setup (i.e. templates, view templates, work sets and families).
- Familiar with most drawing aids and techniques (i.e., modeling, editing, and annotation).
- Efficiently able to manage multiple assignments to meet project deadlines
- Experience with structural steel, concrete, and wood for industrial and wastewater applications
- Able to read moderately complex Architectural, Structural and Mechanical drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with other design staff
- Understand structural vocabulary and terminology
- Navisworks capability is a plus
- Experienced using Microsoft Office products
DRC offers attractive salaries, a supportive environment, excellent benefits, and professional growth and career development within the company. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees and promotes from within, please forward your résumé for consideration.
Send resume to: email@example.com.
No recruiter please.