Electrical Engineer PE.
Electrical Engineer PE.
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC), a transportation engineering firm is seeking a Licensed Electrical Engineer to support our Design Engineering team in our downtown Los Angeles office. Successful candidate should have 10 - 15 years of experience in Electrical Design/Modeling. DRC is a highly regarded civil engineering firm specializing in transportation and water/wastewater engineering. We have been in business for 34 years and have outstanding benefits with no waiting period. We promote from within and may offer significant growth opportunities.
• Must be a currently licensed electrical P.E. in the State of California
• Prepare Electrical specifications.
• Provide complete working drawings for the power, lighting and high/low voltage systems for various types of projects.
• Scheduling, and project design cost budget.
• Coordinate with Project Managers to determine workload and project resources.
• Coordinate and manage technical criteria, client interactions, document production and staffing issues.
• Interact with client’s project manager, design team members, construction team members, and other sub-consultants.
• Consult with the client and its agents to establish project requirements
• Maintain client relationships and daily contact regarding projects design and status.
• Working knowledge of State and local building codes, including California Title 24 Energy code, and similar electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
• Prepare documents for submission to local code authorities for permits as required, research and apply all necessary local codes, respond to code authority questions and comments, interact with contractors and inspectors as necessary.
• Understand and supervise the preparation of energy compliance and LEED certification documentation as necessary
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Etap to provide drawing review, printing, and plotting.
• Understand electrical construction methods and materials and be capable of interacting with contractors in regard to constructability, equipment placement, general construction techniques and methods, etc. as required by the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experienced in Electrical power, lighting and high/low voltage design, 5 years required, 10+ years preferred
• CAD/Etap experience
• LEED AP preferred
• Written and verbal communication skills to function with all levels of management and staff
• Ability to apply principles of engineering to solve complex problems, deal with a variety of dynamic variables, and interpret instructions presented in various forms
• Proficient in computer skills that includes software knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Experience with LADWP
Send resume to email@example.com No recruiters please.