D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities. The Accounting Manager will enhance and establish accounting processes, policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Handles tight deadlines and multitudes of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting.
Develops, directs, and implements the financial, accounting and operations of DRC. Prepares financial analyses of operations, recommends improvement and streamline systems and procedures. Prepare interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of CEO, project controls and operations. The Accounting Manager will report directly to the CEO and makes recommendations to enhance company’s financial position with respect to profits, trends, operations, costs, and compliance with budget, cash management. The position includes supervision of administrative and accounting staff, general accounting, contract administration, human resources, client invoicing, internal auditing, cost accounting, payroll, project controls and budgetary controls.
"Successful candidate must be experienced and proficient with Deltek Vision, Excel, Word. GAAP, FAR (federal acquisition regulations), and ADP Payroll."
1. Establishes accounting policies and procedures, regulations, to ensure that all financial transactions, contracts, project cost accounting and profitability are executed and documented in accordance with (GAAP) generally accepted accounting principles and FAR regulations. Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability.
2. Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Invoicing, Project Accounting and Controls, 401(k) Pension Fund, Business Ethics and all Human Resource policies.
3. Develops, implements, maintains and continually enhances the company’s accounting system and system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
4. Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the project/cost accounting and controls system), and analyses and reports variances to CEO and Project Managers. Accounting Manager works closely with Project Managers to ensure strict compliance with project budgets and contract compliance.
5. Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local, corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
6. Develops, maintains and furnishes internal auditing and accounting systems and procedures, revises and updates systems and procedures to be more useful and efficient. Furnishes training and develops accountability of Project Managers to ensure project profitability and strict adherence to company accounting policies and procedures.
7. Evaluates and recommends insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities and contracts compliance.
8. The Accounting Manager has the final responsibility for providing effective financial and project accounting controls for DRCD. Subordinate staff will assist.
9. The Accounting Manager must understand the importance of their contribution and role in the company, must be motivated, committed and accept ownership of accounting and human resource related problems and their responsibility for solving them.
10. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
11. This is a hands-on position and the Accounting Manager must have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadline and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance a plus or equivalent experience.
10+ years of experience as Full charge bookkeeper, Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller.
Experience with Architectural or Engineering firm a plus.
8:00 to 5:00 p.m. Flex time is available.
Send resume to email@example.com No recruiters please.