ELECTRICIAN – Waste Water Treatment Plant
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc - Los Angeles, CA
D R Consultants & Designers, Inc. (DRC) a multi-disciplined engineering firm based in Los Angeles, an EEO employer, is seeking an ELECTRICIAN for Wastewater Treatment Plant with minimum 3 years of experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
A Wastewater Treatment Plant Electrician performs skilled electrical work in the installation, maintenance, overhaul, repair, and testing of power generating and distribution equipment, rotating equipment and their associated digital and analog controls including micro-processor based controls, devices and systems; utility protective relays and controls; fiber optic cable, terminations and devices; communications and signaling systems; standby and emergency power sources, and other electrical equipment found in wastewater collection and treatment facilities; and may serve as a lead worker for other employees engaged in this work.
- Reads and interprets network diagrams, plans, blueprints, electrical wiring diagrams, gauges, specifications, schematics, and control strategies;
- Knowledge of Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in skilled electrical installation, maintenance and repair work, including instrumentation and control systems, SCADA systems, and laboratory equipment;
- Safely perform highly skilled work in installing, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining a wide variety of electrical, process control systems, pumps, motors, and equipment utilized in water and wastewater treatment and distribution processes;
- Performs complex maintenance tasks involving instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for new installations, preventative maintenance and recommend field solutions for instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Strong knowledge of safety/environmental requirements and practices.
- Respond to requests and inquiries and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Three years of full-time paid experience as an electrician which provides experience in the installation and/or maintenance of industrial electrical circuits and equipment, including large power transformers, power circuit breakers; SF6 gas insulated switchgear, or diesel powered electrical generating equipment. Preference for candidates with experience working in water treatment industry and/or other industrial plants with multiple process equipment.
An Associate of Science degree or a Certificate of Completion in Electrical Technology from a recognized community college or trade school or equivalent qualifications.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org No recruiter please.